Selling your property
What documentation will I need to sell my property?
- First copy of the Escritura de Compraventa (Deed of Sale)
- National identity document (DNI)
- Cédula de habitabilidad (Occupancy Certificate)
- Certificate from the Residents’ Association demonstrating that you are up to date with all payments, issued by its Administrator
- Energy Efficiency Certificate
- Latest IBI (Real Estate Tax) receipt
- Bank Mortgage Certificate (if the property is mortgaged)
- Authorisations if the property is in the name of a company
- When the property is a private asset belonging to one spouse and is the place of habitual residence, the other spouse must always sign, authorising its sale
- Latest utilities’ receipts, to make the corresponding changes to the name of the title-holder and direct debit
* It is advisable that you provide the last Inspección Técnica del Edificio (ITE) (Technical Building Inspection) issued by the Town Planning Department.